General discussion

Stop Error 0x00000024 ntfs.sys

By xtrm302 ·
Just built a new box 2 weeks ago. GA7vaxp Ultra mobo, SATA 80g Barracuda, DDR 3500/ 512, AMD 2500. I know get this error on boot. I am unable to complete any setup..safemode...etc. It will not do anything but keep restarting. I can only stop on the error page while booting from XP PRO cd going through setup. Only changes made prior were microsoft updates...ans that day, some of the update .exe self uninstalled when I fisrt boot up. Any ideas? Any help gladly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Mike Mullins In reply to Stop Error 0x00000024 ntf ...

The only thing I could find points to a SCSI or ATA controller failure, the link to the MS article is http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prmd_stp_swhw.asp

*remove any spaces*

Other than that, go to www.bootdisk.com and dl a bootdisk and wipe the hard drive and start over. That is if you can't get into the recovery console.

Good luck,
0bytes

Collapse -

by xtrm302 In reply to Stop Error 0x00000024 ntf ...

I tried that with no help. I have tried everything including the seagate utilities which also failed. It has no lead to me yanking the SATA HD and sending it back to seagate. It's NOT the drive...it's XP. But they said since their software was no help, they would send me another. I will not give up on this problem...let me know if you think of anything.
Thanks Again.

Collapse -

by xtrm302 In reply to Stop Error 0x00000024 ntf ...

Oh..almost forgot, my cousin works for microsoft here in Dallas..and he is stumped as well. Gotta love microsoft. Meanwhile, a Maxtor 45g ATA 100 with win2000 will take its place...

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)