General discussion

SupraSST 56i Pro DF SUP2850 on W2K P.

By ajruiz ·
I installed , W2K intall the new drivers from Diamond (I got the recient version of the driver from Diamond), and display the correct device, but when I trie to prove it, it doesn?t work, everything looks good but if I tried to call to any phone number it doesn?t make it. The cable is fine, the line is working. The modem is PCI and is attached to the third PCI bus slot.
Any body has an idea. I?ll still searching and answer. Thanks...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ajruiz In reply to SupraSST 56i Pro DF SUP28 ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by robinbobin In reply to SupraSST 56i Pro DF SUP28 ...

Try to uninstall the modem by either right clicking in device manager or uninstall from safe mode. Re-start your PC and see how plug n play sets it up. It will probably use the Microsoft drivers. This is fine in most cases and sometimes works better than the vendor supplied drivers. You should then test the modem in control panel in the modem applet. If it works in the diagnostics tab then you might have a problem in the software com port settings. If you do not get an OK in the modem diagnostics. Trying uninstalling the modem again and also uninstall all your COM ports. Usually Win 2000 is pretty good about setting up hardware with it's own drivers. I think this is the same modem I was running and the drivers are pretty weird. Hope this helps!

Collapse -

Sorry, but I did tha before write this question. I had digged on internet, and I found a place where the drivers are.
Thanks.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)