General discussion

System Commander2000 Vs Partition Magic,

By muralis_9 ·
Currently,I have a system with,Win98 installed with free space of 10GBin C:.Used close to 2GB
I need to install Win NT.
I have read that NT has to be installed on the first 2GB. Also you have to create a new primary partition.What is the optimum way of resizing the partition.Which is a better software to use, SC2000 or Partition Magic 5.01.
Reply will be greatly appreciated
Murali

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by pikikoko In reply to System Commander2000 Vs P ...

I have two computers set up with system commander. Ea. computer has win98,nt4 and win2k. I like SC2000. I first installed win98 then I installed SC2000. I have win98 installed on the first GB. Then I installed NT4. Win2k is the last OS I installed. SC2000 has a partition function which will let you resize all partitions. I have 2 hard drives. The OS are installed on drive 0 and I install applications on drive 1. Microsoft OSs will not install on anything but drive 0. When you boot up SC2000 will ask you which OS you want to use. This is a very easy setup to achieve and the SC support people are very good. I only use SC2000 to resize my partitions. I do not use the NT4 disk manager to manage my partitions. This has worked very well for me. Because I have win2k installed also I use its defrag to keep my partitions defraged.
I feel SC2000 is a better way to manage partitions than NT4 disk manager. SC2000 will also let you move partitions up or down across unused space.
Good Luck
Mike

Collapse -

by muralis_9 In reply to System Commander2000 Vs P ...
Collapse -

by muralis_9 In reply to System Commander2000 Vs P ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)