General discussion

system error 1202 - remembrd connection

By webmaster ·
Hi All
I've just inherited a client with a small network. All new machines running XP but their warehousing software is DOS based.

Each machine has a printer and 3 of those are used by the DOS program - labels, shipping list and invoices. There is a start up batch file for the program for all users and includes 'net use lpt1: \\computername\printer' 'net use lpt2: \\computername\printer' etc..

On the 3 machines the local LPT port has been set to mirror the batch file setting. Machine 3 the LPT port is set to 3.

On one machine (no 1) however I cannot access the lpt2 port through the program. I can print out through windows, I can run a simple command c:\Dir > \\machine2\printer and I get the print out but if I use the command 'net use lpt2: \\machine2\printer I get a 1202 system error "The local device name has a remembered connection to another network resource"

It's only on this machine and I'm absolutely stumped. If I start in safe mode with network, the command is accepted....
Has anybody any bright ideas? :-)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by webmaster In reply to system error 1202 - remem ...

Sorry, forgot to say that I've tried the /delete and /Persistent:Yes commands.
Jimmy

Collapse -

by webmaster In reply to system error 1202 - remem ...

Sorry, forgot to say that I've tried the /delete and /Persistent:Yes commands.
Jimmy

Collapse -

by LMon In reply to system error 1202 - remem ...

this is a seurity issue in that windows is looking for a predetermined location and when the location is not there it provides this message. you need to contact microsoft for your particular operating system and they can tell the switch to change in the internal secuity settings.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)