General discussion

sysvol on Windows 2000 server empty!

By mtreske ·
I don't know how it happened but my sysvol folder is empty!
We were having w32 time errors which got us to looking closer and when I called in a tech. from a company we outsource to, he informed the sysvol folder on all of our servers is empty.

Is there any way to restore these files without doing a complete rebuild of the domain controller?

And does anyone know how this network could still be running without the sysvol? I keep thinking it has to be getting the information from somewhere!

We aren't having any trouble with users logging on or off, no connection issues. Seems very weird to me.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by cul8rm8e In reply to sysvol on Windows 2000 se ...

i have on one ocassion promoted my server to PDC then done dcpromo which will leave an empty (sysvol) folder,then at some point later i made it again PDC but only after i installed another H/D and mapped the WINNT/SYSVOL to that drive seperate from log file.

as it was then i had both SYSVOL folders currently on my PDC but in seperate drives, and i hope this is what your looking for,(i had no trouble with my network)

solution: find out if your SYSVOL has been mapped to another network drive and delete your empty SYSVOL folder.

DELETE IT

Collapse -

by mtreske In reply to sysvol on Windows 2000 se ...

Yes, we have looked on our other two servers, can't find a sys vol with anything in it. Can't understand how we are up and running without it.
Could there be a temp location where it is getting the data?

Collapse -

by mtreske In reply to sysvol on Windows 2000 se ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)