General discussion

Tektronix Phaser 860 error 08,009.65:201

By moretuborg ·
Hi everyOne!
Here is my story. Working on Tektronix Phaser 860. Getting message " error 08,009.65:20122 "

Xerox site suggested me to turn off the power for 30 sec and restart the system. Didn't work. I believe that error has to do something with a Process Motor Task Program. (By the way couldn't find any description of this message in the Service Manual that I have.Dated May 2001)
Any Ideas ?
Any help will be appreciated..
Thanks in advance for your time Tech People.
Tuborg
moretuborg@yahoo.com

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by rswatsenbarg In reply to Tektronix Phaser 860 erro ...

We experienced the same problem with our Phaser 860 about 3 months ago. The problem turned out to be the Mainboard. Once it was replaced, the problem was solved.

I *love* the output of the Phaser 860 but it has definately had it's share of problems at our site. We're on our 3rd mainboard now after 18 months of service.

Collapse -

by moretuborg In reply to Tektronix Phaser 860 erro ...

Hi there Tech_Nations !
Tektronix Phaser 860 with " error 08,009.65:20122 " has been fixed by adjustment of all mechanical parts-gears-solenoids.
Thaks for your help.

Collapse -

by moethecrow In reply to Tektronix Phaser 860 erro ...

Here is the description for the fault code: An unexpected message was received while homing the Cap/Wipe/Purge assembly, usually during system initialization. This fault is due to a failure of the Y-axis encoder ....
Before getting a tech to replace the main board or the Y-axis here is something you can do..
Turn off the printer properly. It should take a minute to shut down. Proper shut down should lock the printhead in the back position. Take out the maintenance tray, you should be able to see the cap/wipe/purge assembly inside. It is a metal piece usually with an orange rubber strip on it, the assembly length is a few inches shorter than the width of the printer. The purpose of this part is to clean the printhead. If this part is not all the way down (home position) or stuck it can cause the error you are seeing.
You will have to take the right side cover off. You will see toward the top of the printer a clutch and gear, this gear moves the cap/wipe/purge up and down, move it all the way down until it stops. If that does not help call for a tech 1-800-835-6100.

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)