General discussion

Terminal Server 2003 client map drives

By ctmoore1998 ·
I have clients that log on to workstation and the logon script correctly maps the drives when they log onto the 2003 terminal server the drives show up as "disconnected network drives" and you can't remove them from my computer by trying to 'disconnect' them nor can you clear them from a CMD prompt. Have tried to modify the logon script to no avail. any suggestions on how to remove the disconnected drives from the client session??

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Terminal Server 2003 clie ...

Where are the drives being mapped from?

Other scripts being called by the login script?

Collapse -

by ctmoore1998 In reply to

Sorry your msg was of no assitstance.

Collapse -

by ctmoore1998 In reply to Terminal Server 2003 clie ...

Drives are being mapped from shares on the pdc ie
Net use F: /d /y
Net use G: /d /y
net use F: \\server1\share1
net use G: \\server1\share2
no other calls to other scripts in the logon.bat file. script works if logging onto a workstation but from terminal services it appears that the script runs but doesn't clear or remap drives. Drive appears as disconnected in my computer if you go to a cmd prompt and do a net use drive does NOT show on list.

Collapse -

It almost appears that the Terminal server has cached an old logon script. I created an entirely new user and logon script and ran them. The new user logged onto a workstation correctly, but when logged onto a terminal server session the mapped drives were not the drives that should have been mapped and they were reported as disconnected drives.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)