Question

Test Page on HP photosmart 1500 series

By sir_shackster ·
My grandparents recently bought a new computer desk, and as their local tech, I set up their system for them again. However, after it was all moved, we've run into an odd problem. Every time the printer powers on(cause my grandfather insists on shutting EVERTHING down at night) it prints a printer head alignment test page. I've completly run out of ideas on how to fix it. The printer seems to have no interface to change these options on, and it does it even when not connected to the computer, so it must be a setting specifically on the printer itself. However, I have tried changing all the settings in the printer/scanner section of the computer, just to make sure, still nothing has fixed it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You may have to

by ctrservices In reply to Test Page on HP photosmar ...

uninstall the printer, delete out the HP directory on C:\ProgramFiles and then reinstall the printer drivers from disc.
However, before you try that, go here http://tinyurl.com/2q8w4u and search for your particular model of printer (there are 300 listed for the info you posted) and search the database for your problem.

If you need further assistance, please repost.

Collapse -

Thanks

by sir_shackster In reply to You may have to

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried uninstalling everyting(as far as the printer is concered), unfortunatly this also failed to fix the issue, I will however try the link you suggested. If you have any more suggestion, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Collapse -

Dead end

by sir_shackster In reply to Thanks

Just checked that web-site, no go. It gave me alot of stuff on how to print a test page, however, our problem is getting it to stop, not to start:).

Back to Peripheral Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)