General discussion

The expression On Click (Access 2000 For

By stergios_nik ·
Hello.

We are facing a problem with an Access 2000 database.

We have stored an access 2000 database on a NT 4.0 server PC 1GHZ with 1GB memory.

The client PC Celeron 400 Mhz (120 MB memory) is accessing the database using Access 2000.

The network connectivity is as follows:

Client PC connects to a Hub 100Mbps. Hub connects to a switch 100 Mbps and that switch connects to Core switch 100 Mpbs.

The Server PC is connected on the Core switch.

My problem is that the Client connection failed. The user successfully opens the database but when she clicks on a button form she gets the following error message:

"The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:

A problem occured while <<DATABASE NAME>> was communicating with the OLE server or Active X control.

* The expression may not result in the name of the macro, the name of a user defined function or [Event procedure]

* There may have been an event evaluating the function, event or macro."

In order to solve this problem I have to reformat and reinstall Office 2000 on the PC. Something crashes Access 2000 on the client side.

This is the 3rd time that this thing happens and I suspect that the hub->switch->switch connectivity is quite long for the data to reach its destination from the server to client.

Any ideas what might have happened?

PS: The Database stored on the server is 1GB in size.

Thank you in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Karpi In reply to The expression On Click ( ...

Hello,

I don't think it is the network.
In your case I would assume it is a corrupted Control on the Form. This appears sometimes if a application overwrites a newer version of a control with an older version of this control.

As a first attempt try Repair/Compact database. Maybe this will fix the problem.

After this open the Code-Window use Extras/Links and look for missing controls.

HTH
Karpi
<fluctuat nec mergitur>

Collapse -

by stergios_nik In reply to The expression On Click ( ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by stergios_nik In reply to The expression On Click ( ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)