General discussion


TMA Cable

By ideaddict ·
I want to scan some negative films through my scanner which is hp scanjet 3500c. Somebody tell me that with a help of TMA cable it can be possible. I dont know exactly about it & confused. I checked my scanner & find three ports at back, USB, TMA & Adapter ports but unfortunately missing TMA cable. Now can anybody tell me that what is that? where can i find it? and is it really helpful for negative films?

Thanks & Regards

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jdgretz In reply to TMA Cable

The TMA is Transparent Materials Adapter, and looks to be an integral part of the lid of the 3500c. Here is a link to the product information.


This is the little goodie that allows you to successfully scan negatives or slides. You will not be happy with the results if you do not have this adapter. I believe the cable is permenantly attached to the adapter.


Collapse -

by ideaddict In reply to

Thanks for the answer

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to TMA Cable

With the HP Scanjets the TMA cable is attached to a cover plate that replaces the original top cover and syncs another light source to allow the scanning of Positive & Negative film stocks through your scanner.

Sorry it's a bit more than just a lead that you need here it is a complete new top section of the scanner that is required. However on the up side these where very popular at one time so you may find one available on places like E-Bay and the like.


Collapse -

by ideaddict In reply to

Thanks for the answer

Collapse -

by ideaddict In reply to TMA Cable

This question was closed by the author

Related Discussions

Related Forums