General discussion

Tosbiba T2100SC Boot Up Problem

By kjharris ·
I recently purchased an old laptop from a friend (2 weeks ago) who had purchased it from ebay about 4-5 months ago, as he had no further use for it. It is a Toshiba T2100cs. (486, I think and 3?? meg hard drive.) I forgot to make a start-up disk for it!

It runs on Windows 95, pre installed. there is a Win95 directory on the Laptop. I do have win98 on CD, but the T210SC only takes floppies.

All was well, until I loaded an old KSP.exe directory, and was running it. It is an old dos speadsheet - a lotus clone I think.

It was running in a window, when every thing froze, as I went to re-save the sheet. (4 little coloured rectangles appeared on the screen as well.) Alt-Control-Del, nor any other of many combinations would work to close it down)

When I restart, it does not go through any of the customary procedure, but goes straight to this page/screen (i.e. the open page of the spreadsheet) - even the time on the tool bar is frozen.

I have tried other start-up disks, Win95A and B, but no luck there. When a disk is already in A: drive, it does not stop, but still starts up by going straight to this frozen page, without telling to 'remove the disk' or anything like that.

I did a virus check of my old KSP disk - but nothing was detected by AVG.

the problem first occured on 13th October,at approx. 9:30pm.

I once knew a little dos - is there a way of getting to the computer, and perhaps deleting the KSP directory and/or something else.

Thankyou for your time, and may I add that I do really enjoy your Monday morning radio program.

Regards,
Keith Harris

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jklein In reply to Tosbiba T2100SC Boot Up P ...

When you first boot the laptop, press <F8> at the first Windows 95 screen and choose to boot into Safe Mode.

Also, if you are not booting to a floopy, then the BIOS setting may not be set for it. Try pressing <ESC>; <DEL>; or <F1> right when you turn the laptop on.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)