Hardware

General discussion

Toshiba 2545CDS MB upgrade

By rydctlc ·
Does anyone know where I can find out which newer/used laptop motherboard would fit in a Toshiba 2545CDS case and where to purchase preferably used/tested working. I heard 2590/95 should fit? or is it worth replacing the SMD CPU to a faster one? Currently AMD 333.
Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by aikens In reply to Toshiba 2545CDS MB upgrad ...

Many laptop manufacturers use the same configurations for many laptops. Dell has used the same config for the latitude line for years. I was able to place a mb from a 366 into a case for a 266. I would likely just change the CPU. Get the newest bios upgrade from toshiba and see if you can pick up a 400-450 CPU. I don't know if you can go much higher. For used laptop parts you could try www.1800parts.net.

Collapse -

by rydctlc In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by wlbowers In reply to Toshiba 2545CDS MB upgrad ...

Is your current laptop broke or are you just wanting to upgrade.

Unless you can find out if the motherboard in that laptop can support a faster processor I wouldn't attempt the exchange.

What was the fastest processor in that line for that year and maby the year after.

Unless you like to tinker and see it as a challange, sell that laptop on ebay, take that money and what you would spend on a new board/cpu and buy you a newer sony or dell.

Vendors have been known to change motherboard suppliers in the middle of a product year.

Different buss, different controllers, ect. Finding the right drivers for laptops is bad enough much less trying to figure which model you need to try to get them for.

Dell is the exception for this. You can enter the service tag number and see the sold configuration for a system as well as the drivers avaible for it.

Laptops are not designed to be base hardware upgraded.

Good Luck You will need it

Lee

Collapse -

by rydctlc In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by rydctlc In reply to Toshiba 2545CDS MB upgrad ...

This question was closed by the author