Question

Toshiba L355 Screen flickers

By shanerico54 ·
I have a Toshiba Satellite L355 that flickers intermitantly. It goes from the regular screen to bright. The issue is that it is only the lower half that does this. Could this be the screen itself or could it be an issue with the motherboard.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

RE: Could this be the screen itself .....

by OH Smeg In reply to Toshiba L355 Screen flick ...

It could be either or even a software problem, so to check to see if there is a problem with your installed OS you can use a Boot Disc and see if the problem persists.

The easiest one to use is a Live Linux which can either be downloaded free from here

http://www.livecdlist.com/

Or alternatively you can go to your local newsagent and buy a Linux Mag with a Live Linux as a Cover Disc. Insert the Disc into the Optical Drive and start the computer, make sure that the Boot Order in BIOS is set to boot from the Optical Drive before the HDD and start the system. When the OS opens leave it running for however long to check to see if the screen flickers. If ti doesn't you have a Software Issue which will need resolving.

Another alternative is to use a Boot Disc like the Ultimate Boot CD available free here

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

And after the system has booted from this Disc run some Diagnostics to check the Display/Monitor for problems.

I personally would try both the Live Linux First and if the problem persists then the Ultimate Boot CD to see what if anything is shown.

Col

Collapse -

I don't know about others

by santeewelding In reply to RE: [i]Could this be the ...

But, I am constantly brought down to the earth of scientific methodology by your answers.

"Of course," I realize. "Why the **** didn't I think of that?"

You put it into the form of an algebraic forcing. The problem, it don't stand a chance.

Collapse -

RE: it don't stand a chance.

by OH Smeg In reply to I don't know about others

Strange thing is that is Exactly how I felt this week when I was presented with a problem from my favorite customer. He likes to use some File Sharing Programs to download music for his I Pod.

After reloading his system every 2 or 3 months because of infections I was finally presented with a different problem. His preferred P2P didn't open.

I suggested using a different computer in the business which it does open on but being the owner he insisted that it work on his NB. Needless to say after several hours and no help from the Software supplier I decided that the easiest way was to **** the OS away and reinstall. Big Mistake There!

Anyway 18 reloads latter it still wasn't working and now 7 of my personal computers where no longer working because of this Bloody Program. I was so desperate that I only installed Windows and the NIC Driver several times and tried to get it running. Just wouldn't open no matter what I did on anything that I installed it on and it didn't matter which install .exe I used. The one that he had saved when he originally installed it which may have been damaged or one that I had downloaded from it's makers Web Site.

Anyway to cut a long story short before I got the chance to slit my wrists I just dumped Limeware on it and handed it back. 4 Days latter and much less hair left in my head I gave up and admitted defeat.

I hate I Pod Owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Santee Feel better now? :^0

I need to go and damage quite a few bits of metal to relieve my frustrations now so goodbye.

Col

Collapse -

Why do you think

by santeewelding In reply to RE: [i]it don't stand a c ...

I got into the metal-damaging business?

Collapse -

I still find it amusing

by OH Smeg In reply to Why do you think

When I say something about making something out of wood that SWMBO walks away cackling to herself. I find it more than a bit offensive. :0

OK so I'll admit wood isn't my favorite material to work with as I can not get any more Ply Craft Rods to weld the Ply or Pinecraft Rods for Pine. Though I still have lots of BeachCraft Rods left. Pity that, that material is so expensive.

Several years ago, well about 25 actually I helped a guy build a 56 Foot Tupperware container that he used as a Sail Boat. There was a mass of woodworking involved in that which I far preferred to keying back the GRP and then laying another layer or 2 down. That white powder that you get from Fiberglass is just so annoying and isn't like anything else on the planet.

Metal shavings are only hot, wood shavings are just annoying but GRP Powder is downright offensive. Maybe one day when I get a Life again after someone offerers one on a place like E Bay I'll get to start my 65 Footer Steel Hull. Lots of woodwork in that as well but knowing me I'd probably want to sub out that work. :^0

Though I suppose it means that I would have to actually look on places like E Bay for a life. :0

Col

Collapse -

I'm curious.

by seanferd In reply to RE: [i]it don't stand a c ...

Which app was this? It sounds evil.

I also wonder if you shouldn't tell this guy to at least use two separate user accounts - one for working, one for... breaking, I guess.

Collapse -

If you are really a gluten for punishment

by OH Smeg In reply to I'm curious.

It was 360 Share Pro.

http://imusicaccess.com/index.asp?d=360%20Share%20Pro

Because I'm nasty and have not yet deleted the History of the browser. Though I have a lot more links to their site for FaQ's :^0

I've actually suggested a NetBook to download his I Pod noise. I don't quite trust Windows quite enough to have this guy use separate User Accounts and not hopelessly infect this unit.

But what really got me was that it works on one machine that I installed it to and not on any other machine even after a reload with old drivers and a old copy of Flash installed. I could accept a Windows Update breaking it but when it worked on a machine once and doesn't any longer it gets difficult to explain or understand or that matter. Not to worry though it's now gone and with a bit of luck this guy will never call me again. Though I'm probably not that lucky.

Col

Back to Laptops Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums