Question

Toshiba nb200 not powering up

By obetskie ·
Tags: Hardware
I have a 5-year old toshiba NB200 not powering up. Power and battery indicator light up whenever i insert the ac adapter but once i press the power button all the indicators will turn off. When i press again the power button no light indicator comes out. I have to unplug and plug again before the power and battery indicator light up again. Action taken are the ff:
1. Checked ac adapter with multitester OK.
2. Replaced RAM with known good stick.
3. Removed the battery and Hold down power button for 1 min without ac adapter. Reinserted battery and plugin ac adapter.

What could be the possible problem of this kind of error? Thank you

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Adapter connector

by mjd420nova In reply to Toshiba nb200 not powerin ...

An awful lot of laptops and note/netbooks suffer from getting the connector from the adapter jammed into its connector on the unit. This can dislodge the connector from the board, tear traces from the PCB and even render the charging circuit/battery to fail. The connector also has a small switch built in to change from adapter to battery power and from charging the battery to running the unit. This gets broken and nothing works.

Collapse -

Toshiba nb200 not powering up

by obetskie In reply to Adapter connector

Thank youfor the reply.

I checked the DC jack and its giving the right voltage from the jack itself to the mainboard.

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)