General discussion

Toshiba satelite 4200 boot up problem

By togo9 ·
I have two toshiba satelite 4200 series laptops , that can power up then after a while they go off completely on their own and when you try to power them up they cannot .

I have changed the batteries as they cannot power up without a battery .

changed memory

changed the processor

all this in vain

I know techs will say it is the main board , then why is it that when you leave them for some time they boot-up and stay for a while then go off and why is it affecting toshiba satelite series 4200 series only.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

if you bought them at the same time you probably got a bad series of boards or power supplies. could be a heat issue also.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Toshiba satelite 4200 boo ...

Have you made sure that they are not going into Hibernate? With the fully patched XP systems it is not uncommon for a lot of computers not to come out of Hibernation and is a very common thing that is often turned off while on Mains power.

If they are shutting down while being used that is a different thing though I would do a hardware check with The Ultimate Boot CD available for download at

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Believe me it's a lot cheaper to properly diagnose the hardware than changing parts out just in case they are a problem. From the above you admit to changing several hundred $ worth of parts without any improvement when you should have done a hardware test and found what the problem actually is before going out and beginning to replace expensive parts.

Col

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)