General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Toshiba TE2000 Password?

by its_reflexed ·

i forgot my password for my toshiba laptop its a Te2000 with windows xp and has very important documents on there… i have tryed removing both batteries in the laptop the bios one and the charged one… i left them 48hours without batteries and still asks for the password

i called toshiba they said you can connect the laptop to other pc and reset the password or something but i have to send it to them in order to be able to do that and it will cost about $290 or something but i have tryed everything and i was just wondering if anyone noes how to do this\

is it flashed to the |EPROM Chip or something i changed the cpu NO… HDD. No… removed all backup batteries over 48hours .NO

i cant think of anything else

if it allowed boot options i could crack it but it dont allow BIOS access nor Boot Options
    Under Password Entered

Someone Must Noe How To Do It\

Tryed Backdoor passwords but they dun work
    cause the backdoor passwords are toshiba and bios star default etc… and i forgot the actual password ….

PLEASE HELP

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Toshiba TE2000 Password?

by rindi1 ·

In reply to Toshiba TE2000 Password?

What did you apply the password to? was it the harddisk? If so, there probably isn’t an easy or cheap way to do it, then you’d have to send it to toshiba to reset.

If it is the BIOS PAssword you can try this (probably what toshiba meant when you asked there):

http://www.plasma-online.de/english/help/solutions/bios_password_toshiba.html

by dustyd ·

See the thread for this question:
      http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6251-0.html?forumID=56&threadID=161800&start=0&tag=search

Download and unzip onto a floppy, boot from floppy.

You can also remove the drive and install it another laptop or desktop.

by its_reflexed ·

In reply to Reply To: Toshiba TE2000 Password?

OI Man The Laptop Is Locked Complety HDD BIOS/CMOS
        Everything It Wont Allow Me To Boot From FDD Nor CDROM Nor Network Nothing I Cant Even Get Into The Windows

I Took The HDD Out But Cause Its Protected Somehow I Cant Get My Data Off And Its Really Important To Me The Information On There Is Worth More Then The Stupid Laptop

by willcomp ·

Was HDD connected to another PC running XP? If so, what messages did you get when trying to access data on hard disk? Can you access any folders on hard disk?

Dalton

by its_reflexed ·

The HDD Picks Up But Nothing On There I Tryed To View Hidden Files And Folder Too But Nothing Its Like Some Locked Kinda Thing I Dunno – PROTECTION Or Something

I Trying Everything Ay Plz Help

Thanks For Your Help So Far…
        Appreciate IT

by rindi1 ·

You said you put the HD in another system and couldn’t get the data off. Were you able to connect to Disk at least? Was there an error message booting up, was it recognized by bios or by your OS?

As I said, if the HD is password protected you won’t be able to get to its data all by yourself. You’ll either have to send to toshiba or the Harddisk manufacturer, and as far as I know they will need proof (proof of purchase) that the disk is yours, including the data on it. Once that is clarified they should be able to reset the password of that disk. But it will be expensive. There might be a chance of other companies being able to reset the password, I’m not sure.

As for reseting the Password of the PC, the link I sent you before should help, but if your going to send in your disk you might as well send in the whole PC.

by its_reflexed ·

Nah It Picks Up In Other Pc Bios i connected it from laptop ide to computer ide tranfer cable it picks up you get into windows this as a slave i tryed master but wouldnt boot cause diff chipset or something or protection restarts after loading past bios or something you know what XP Is Like Drops Drivers Out But it could have been protection thing too dunno

but the only way i can see this working it too crack the laptop somehow any ideas, one of my mates said hold down the left shift key whilst booting but that didnt help the other ones said press num lock and then type cause if num lock set to boot before password set you wont get the keys typed correctly tryed that
        NOPE

im complety screwed unless someone smart knows something a way around this COME ON THIS IS TECHREPUBLIC Where are all the pro’s helping me out – come on guys

need ya help
        thanks for ya time buddy but i aint getting newhere ATM

as for sending in my PC you know where the closest toshiba dealer is (EXACTLY) not one near perth

and its expensive

i just asking for some addive but if its beyond your comprehension just forget about it i appreciate your time but i gotta get a way around this without them cause if your mum wasnt there for you when you where little you got your dad but if your dad aint there whats gonna happen exactly work something out for me PLEASE (metaphor)
        Chanx

by dustyd ·

OK, yOUNG man. I don’t care if you think it won’t work. Just follow the instructions in ans 2, I don’t care about the points. You shouldn’t reject answers just because YOU think they won’t work.

by its_reflexed ·

I DONT THINK THERE WRONG I KNOW THERE WRONG BECAUSE I TRYED THEM AND DONT CALL ME A YOUNG MAN – you dont know who i am

how am i supposed to boot from floppy when it wont allow boot when locked cause password is before boot mode – I Got Certificate 4 In IT I Know What Im Doing… I Just Stuck On This One So It Seems No 1 Knows

by bchesmer ·

Try this;

Version 1:

What you need;

1. Your notebook
      2. An empty formatted diskette (720KB or 1.44MB)
      3. A second computer (e.g. a DOS desktop PC)
      4. A hex-editor (e.g. Norton DiskEdit or HexWorks)

This is what you have to do:

1. Start the desktop PC and start the hex-editor
      2. Put the disk in drive A:
      3. Change the first five bytes of sector 2 (boot sector is sector 1) to: 4B 45 59 00 00
      4. Save it! Now you have a KEYDISK
      5. Remove the disk from drive A:
      6. Put the disk in the notebook drive
      7. Start the notebook in Boot Mode (push the reset button)
      8. Press Enter when asked for Password:
      9. You will be asked to Set Password again. Press Y and Enter.
      10. You now see the BIOS configuration where you can set a new password.

Version 2:

Parallel port loopback
      It’s a simple device that you connect to your parallell port. A lot of Toshiba computers remove the password when you boot it up. The device could be made out of any parallell wire with 25pins connectors (db25).

You should connect these pins:
      1-5-10 1= STROB, 5=DATA BIT, 10=ACK
      2-11 2=DATA BIT0, 11=BUSY
      3-17 3=DATA BIT1, 17=SCT IN
      4-12 4=DATA BIT2, 12=PAPER END
      6-16 6=DATA BIT4, 16=RESET
      7-13 7=DATA BIT5, 13=SLCT OUT
      8-14 8=DATA BIT6, 14=AUTO FEED
      9-15 9=DATA BIT7, 15=NOT CONNECTED (sometimes +5.0V)
      18-25 GROUND

by bchesmer ·

PS:

If this works for you, I would really appricate it if you awarded the points. Thanks

by its_reflexed ·

Ok What Do I Have To Do Here?

Version 2:

Parallel port loopback
        It’s a simple device that you connect to your parallell port. A lot of Toshiba computers remove the password when you boot it up. The device could be made out of any parallell wire with 25pins connectors (db25).

You should connect these pins:
        1-5-10 1= STROB, 5=DATA BIT, 10=ACK
        2-11 2=DATA BIT0, 11=BUSY
        3-17 3=DATA BIT1, 17=SCT IN
        4-12 4=DATA BIT2, 12=PAPER END
        6-16 6=DATA BIT4, 16=RESET
        7-13 7=DATA BIT5, 13=SLCT OUT
        8-14 8=DATA BIT6, 14=AUTO FEED
        9-15 9=DATA BIT7, 15=NOT CONNECTED (sometimes +5.0V)
        18-25 GROUND

I Am Gonna Give You The Points Anyway Just Need More Info On The Above
        18-25 GROUND all that ??? i dun understand do i plug a dongle or something in the parallel port or something…

by mikex ·

Most Toshiba laptops and some desktop systems will bypass the BIOS password if the left shift key is held down during boot

Please remember that most BIOS passwords do not protect the hard drive, so if you need to recover the data, simply remove the hard drive and install it in an identical system, or configure it as a slave drive in an existing system. The exception to this are laptops, especially IBM Thinkpads, which silently lock the hard drive if the supervisor password is enabled. If the supervisor password is reset without resetting the and hard drive as well, you will be unable to access the data on the drive

by mikex ·

Did you try this way (well … it will be pretty tricky to take it apart but sorry – this is the only one left) :

Resetting the BIOS Password using Hardware

If you cannot access the machine after if has been powered up, it is still possible to get past the BIOS password. The BIOS password is stored in CMOS memory that is maintained while the PC is powered off by a small battery, which is attached to the motherboard. If you remove this battery, all CMOS information (including the BIOS password) will be lost. You will need to re-enter the correct CMOS setup information to use the machine. The machines owner or user will most likely be alarmed when it is discovered that the BIOS password has been deleted.

On some motherboards, the battery is soldered to the motherboard, making it difficult to remove. If this is the case, you have another alternative. Somewhere on the motherboard you should find a jumper that will clear the BIOS password. If you have the motherboard documentation, you will know where that jumper is. If not, the jumper may be labeled on the motherboard. If you are not fortunate enough for either of these to be the case, you may be able to guess which jumper is the correct jumper. This jumper is usually standing alone near the battery. If you cannot locate this jumper, you might short both of the points where the battery connects to the motherboard.

If all else fails, you may have to clear the BIOS password by resetting the RTC (Real Time Clock) IC (Integrated Circuit) on your motherboard.

Many RTC’s require an external battery. If your RTC is one of this type, you can clear the BIOS password just by unsocketing the RTC and reseating it.

by richard_barsby ·

Did you solve this one.

The parallel port key works on some older Toshibas but newer ones use a USB key.

The password is stored in a non volatile eeprom that is seperate to the bios eeprom.

The eeprom needs to be removed and re programmed removing the password if you can not remove it by any of the “keys” for this you need an eeprom programmer.

I have to do this regulary on laptops as we buy a lot of used IT kit from companies.

If you have set a HDD password the you are out of luck as I do not know of a way to unlock password protected HDD’s yet.

Rich

Rich

by jdaddyok ·

TRY HOLDING SHIFT THEN TYPE S THEN LET GO OF SHIFT THEN TYPE YXZ THEN HIT THE ENTER KEY SOMETIMES IT WORKS SO TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW because it worked for me , but it wasnt on a toshiba.

by its_reflexed ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 10 reply threads