General discussion


Tracking Modifications in Microsoft Word

By plattjef ·
I work at a college and occasionally we have students who turn in the same assignment for an online course. I know I can open the individual Microsoft Word documents and look under Properties to see if they have the same title or author, but that is not always helpful. Currently there are two students who have turned in identical papers. Is there a way to reveal text that was originally there, but was later erased? I think student X took student Y's paper and erased her name and then put his name on the paper. Any help you could offer is greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by j.lupo In reply to Tracking Modifications in ...

Word has a feature called track changes. Usually it is turned off. If you turn it on, you will see any edits that were made. This is one way at any rate. There may be others.

Note, that if it wasn't on to begin with, turning it on after probably won't capture the changes. I have used this as an editing tool when writing a document with multiple people. Good Luck.

Related Discussions

Related Forums