Question

• Creator
    Topic

Transfer Macro from Word 2007 to Outlook 2007

by mo_rocca ·

I have a user that has to write a lot of emails in spanish. We recently upgraded her to Office 2007. In the previous version of office, she would record the macros in word and the keystroke would transfer over to outlook.

It is not transfering over since we upgraded to 2007.

She needs to be able to use a keystroke to type an ‘a’ with the spanish accent over it.

Does anyone know how to transfer the macros from word 2007 to outlook 2007 or know how to create/record a macro in outlook 2007 that will designate a keystroke as ‘a’ with a spanish accent?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by mo_rocca ·

In reply to Transfer Macro from Word 2007 to Outlook 2007

Clarifications

Anybody?

by mo_rocca ·

Is there anybody out there…hello…hello *echo*

Copying macros from Normal.dotm to NormalEmail.dotm

by dfeathers ·

In reply to Anybody?

I’m not sure if you ever got a response to your question regarding macros between Word 07 and Outlook 07. As I’m sure you are aware the file used by word to store the macros (normal.dot in word/outlook 03) has been split into two separate files. Normal.dotm is the macro enabled file used by word 07, NormalEmail.dotm is the macro enabled file used by Outlook 07. What you can do is as follows:

Open Word and navigate the Macros organizer (alt+F8 then the Organizer button). Make sure the second tab is selected “Macro Project Items”.

Click the left “Close File” button, it will then turn into an “Open File” button. Click “Open File” and navigate to your Normal.dotm (docs&settings\”user”\appdata\microsoft\templates).

Now click the right “Close File” button and repeat the steps above, except this time select NormalEmail.dotm.

Now you can select Macros from the list on the left and click “copy” to add them to your NormalEmail.dotm macro enabled file.

Transfer Macro from Word 2007 to Outlook 2007

by maskerj ·

I copied the macro from normal.dotm to normalEmail.dotm, but the macro doesn’t work in Outlook 2007. Specifically:
      Sub SPCS()
      ‘ SPCS Macro
      Selection.WholeStory
      Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
      Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
      With Selection.Find
      .Text = ” ”
      .Replacement.Text = ” ”
      .Forward = True
      .Wrap = wdFindAsk
      End With
      Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll