General discussion

Trojan in Win2000

By shantie ·
Got a trojan yesterday, first one I have ever had, says they are not viruses but can harm your computer and get information such as passwords etc. Nortons Internet security told me which folder had the trojan and seemingly all you have to do is delete this folder. It was in IE5/vrmvoqrq/htm. I could not actually remove the vrmvoqrq folder but deleted all cookies in it. Was this right? In the IE5 folder there is approx six folders just with mixed up letters such as vrmvoqrq, when I try to remove them message says windows needs these folders but they are only in the one users settings not in the main administrators settings for IE5, is this correct. I am just worried about passwords and use internet banking, is it safe for me to go onto my banking site now? I have scanned folders/drives and nothing found by Nortons which is updated until yesterday. I have removed all cookies, emails from all users settings. Did notice my home page had disappeared and this strange one in its place, took awhile to get rid of that, had to remove all internet settings and redo. Is there anything else I can do and is there any concern about old passwords especially internet banking. Thank you

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by 1stladytech In reply to Trojan in Win2000

You need to download CWShredder, Ad Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy and run them in order on your machine. Do a google search on CWShredder, the other 2 can be downloaded at www.download.com. You sound like you have a spyware and or virus running in your computer. I would also suggest going to Symantec.com and running an online virus scan. If the virus deployed, it has probably compromised your AntiVirus software so that it cannot be found. Make sure the definitions are up to date in your Antivirus software and that it is set to scan all files. Good luck

Vickie

Collapse -

by shantie In reply to

sorry forgot to close this question, a long time ago. I think I ended up formating main partition. Okay now but thanks for advice will note for any future problems. thank you

Collapse -

by shantie In reply to Trojan in Win2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)