General discussion

TUNER NOT FOUND In MCE2005

By its_reflexed ·
Hey Just Got My Self A Nice New Laptop
With Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
The Laptop Comes With Pretty Much Everything So I Didnt Get Media Center Remote Nor TV Tuner Card
Cause My Laptop Has A TV Tuner Card, Remote, And All Bluetooth You Name It, Its A Notebook, Clevo D47EV, WSD The Lot, After Installing Windows XP Media Center From The Shop I Purchased It From Discovering It Was OEM - Meaning Microsoft Wants $50 Before They Help Me With The Stupid Software, I Desided To Ask For Help From Here, Yeah Everythings working, i can watch tv, record tv, play dvd's the whole lot, but when i go into windows xp media center, and select settings, TV, to program the channel and basically set it up in media center with remote and all it says TUNER NOT FOUND; the tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed. Please ensure both the hardware and a valid tuner hardware driver are installed.

NOW... dont get me wrong but does only the microsoft tv tuner that comes with the microsoft pack only work cause that would be stupid, how are people with laptops supposed to use media center....

Please Help... I Wanna Watch TV Through Media Center

Thats What I Paid $2500 Laptop = MCE2005

YES I Got The Sticker & CD (Licensed)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Jaqui In reply to TUNER NOT FOUND In MCE200 ...

winders media center will only recognise winders drivers/software.
it's called prorietary software
m$ doesn't recognise any other companies software.
(other than hardware manufacturer's drivers)

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to TUNER NOT FOUND In MCE200 ...

"Contact the manufacturer of your hardware to determine whether a Media Center 2005 compatible device driver exists for your TV tuner. "
did u c this?
---
You receive a "No Tuner Available" error message when you try to watch live TV after you connect a USB TV tuner to your Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer
Article ID : 891108
Last Review : December 6, 2004
Revision : 1.0
SYMPTOMS
After you connect a TV tuner to a universal serial bus (USB) port on your Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer, you may receive the following error message when you try to watch live TV:
No Tuner Available
No TV tuner cards are configured to work with Media Center. Go to TV Settings and setup your TV signal.
When you restart Media Center or restart your computer, the problem is not resolved.
CAUSE
This problem occurs if the TV tuner does not have a unique serial ID, and you connected the TV tuner to a different USB port when you configured Media Center. In this scenario, when you reconnect the TV tuner to a different USB port, Media Center does not detect the TV tuner.
WORKAROUND
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods Connect the TV tuner to the USB port that it was connected to when you configured Media Center.
? Run the Set Up TV Signal wizard in Media Center again to detect the TV tuner at the new USB port. To do this, follow these steps:1. In Media Center, select Settings.
2. Select TV.
3. Select Set Up TV Signal.
4. Follow the steps in the wizard to set up your TV signal

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)