General discussion

TV/FM Capture Card AVL600 [Avlabs]

By ngarner ·
Please help me! I am going crazy trying to get my capture card up & running.
Up until now, I have had no problems running on ME, but since all support has stopped for this system, I have had to switch to XP.
I purchased a new Motherboard and it is running OK
I installed the drivers of this card from the installation files & then re-boot the system. On re-start, the New Hardware wizard looks for the drivers [which was put into C:\WINDOWS\SetupDrv], The wizard cannot install the drivers, why I don't know.
I have tried getting other drivers from the manufacturer?s site, but that didn't work either. Ihave downloaded the latest files from avlabs site, with no success.
I need this card for my video work. All my work is on hold until I solve this problem. I have contacted the manufacturer of the motherboard, I have contacted the manufacturer of the capture card as well, but they cannot help me. Perhaps you may be able to solve this problem I have.

My system is as follows:

Motherboard NF3250K8AA-RS [Winfast]
Chipset nVidia nForce 250/nForce3 250Gb
Memory DDR400 - 512Mb
Video Card nVidia GeForce FX5200 128Mb
HDD Western Digital WB800 80Gb
O/S Windows Xp Pro 2002 edition w/ Service pack 1

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to TV/FM Capture Card AVL600 ...

I suspect that the new MB (and CPU) are sucking up more power than the old MB. Check the PS and see if it is less than 350 watts. If so, this might be your problem.

And while you're inside the machne, try reseating the card in question just in case.

Collapse -

by ngarner In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by 3xp3rt In reply to TV/FM Capture Card AVL600 ...

Your video capture card is plugged in the first PCI slot? I meet a problem when the TV tuner was in the first PCI slot and don?t work. I moved on in other PCI slot and work fine.

Collapse -

by ngarner In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by ngarner In reply to TV/FM Capture Card AVL600 ...

The capture card is working fine, the system recognises it, windows does too, but the wizard states it cannot use the setup files. Power supp is adequate, card runs well on old system with the same drivers which are for all O/S

Collapse -

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to TV/FM Capture Card AVL600 ...

Well you seem to be saying that the hardware isn't being installed properly right?

When you install TV Tuner cards you need to first install the hardware boot up and then the hardware drivers through the New Hardware Wizard. The drivers generally come on a CD after fitting the Card. Why are you pointing the install wizard to the C:\Windows\Setup.Drv? If you downloaded the drivers I can understand you putting them there but I would always recommend that no one places any new folders or files in the Windows Directory.

With some of the newer drivers for the older cards they require the older or original drivers to be installed first and then you install the latest drivers as all of the required DLL's are not present with the newer drivers. After you have the hardware working you then install the programs for the hardware so you can watch TV and capture the signals.

Col

Collapse -

by ngarner In reply to

The installation files sre put there by the Installation files from the original/updated files on installing after the card was fitted. These fils have been installed prior to the system recognised the card. I have tried using original files as well as the older files, with no success at all. I am starting to feel the nVidia system doesn't wish to work with this card. I have seen it happen on a few occasions with other apps as well.

Collapse -

The installation files sre put there by the Installation files from the original/updated files on installing after the card was fitted. These fils have been installed prior to the system recognised the card. I have tried using original files as well as the older files, with no success at all. I am starting to feel the nVidia system doesn't wish to work with this card. I have seen it happen on a few occasions with other apps as well.

Back to Desktop Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)