General discussion

Un-installing Netscape 7.02

By sbhuck ·
I am using Mozilla 1.7.2, but I also have Netscape 7.02 installed and registered.
I wish to un-install Netscape. Can I simply use the "add/remove programs" on my Control or is their something else required to do this successfully?
I do not want to "screw" up my Mozilla installation in anyway, such as losing my email, or other Mozilla features.
I am using Windows 98 SP1.
Since I registered my Netscape, I have been experiencing some glitches.
I do not have the same Profile for Mozilla as for Netscape.
Hopefully this is enough information for someone to answer this question.
Thanks for your help
sbhuck@jtt.net

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by LMon In reply to Un-installing Netscape 7. ...

You should be able to remove netscape by just hitting the add\remove programs. If it gives you any problems you can always check out there website for any additional steps that they require.

Go to the Control Panel:
In Windows 98/Me/2000, click on Start > Settings > Control Panel.
In Windows XP, go to Start > Control Panel.
Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs or Add or Remove Programs icon.
In the "Add/Remove Programs" window, select Netscape 7.2 from the list and click Remove or Add/Remove.
When you are asked if you are sure you want to uninstall Netscape, choose Yes.
Close all open windows.
Restart your computer by going to Start > Shutdown and selecting Restart from the drop-down menu.
Click OK to restart. If you need to log back into your computer, log in with the same user account.

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Un-installing Netscape 7. ...

Hi Wilbur,

If memory serves me well, you should not have any problems un-installing Netscape using add/remove programs.

I believe that the un-installer asks if you wish to delete the user profile folders.

You are correct in being concerned since Netscape and Mozilla will share user profiles.

To play it safe, just backup your Mozilla profiles to an alternate folder or drive before un-installing Netscape.

I'm on my XP box at the moment.
I believe the W98 path is either:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Profiles\
or
C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles

Chas

Collapse -

by sbhuck In reply to

It ask me if I wanted to uninstall Netscape 7.02 and all its components. I clicked yes, and it said it was uninstalling Netscape. All that happened was, that after a few seconds, Netscape 7.02 disappeared as an installed program in the "add/remove" window.
It did not use any uninstall program that i fllowed, and it never ask about profiles.
Netscape is still found in various folders in C:\Program Files\Netscape.
There is a secnews.netscape folder associated with Mozilla in the C;\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\huckster\zve3f99c.slt\News
If more needs to be done let me know

Collapse -

by sbhuck In reply to Un-installing Netscape 7. ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)