Question

Unable to connect to shares on Windows 2003 server

By brian ·
I have a windows 2003 server that has been running for about 2 months. A few days ago I stopped being able to connect to the shares. When I attempt to connect to the server via \\servername or \\ip address I get the same error, "The specified network name is no longer available". I can ping the server by name and RDP into the server using its name. If I attempt to view the shares from the server I can see the shares by using \\servername but when I try to open one of the folders I get the following error message "\\servername\sharename is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource". I am logged into the server as administrator and just to be sure I took ownership of the folder in question. I can access the folder without a problem if not accessing it through the share. The permissions on the share allow everybody full access, and the NTFS permissions allow access to administrator. Does anybody have any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Unable to connect to shares on Windows 2003 server

by support In reply to Unable to connect to shar ...

I have just encountered the exact same problems! I can't access any of the shares, from the workstation or even from the server! I have tried to reset the permissions but made no difference. Anyone any ideas?
thanks

Collapse -

I got the same issue

by tomh In reply to Unable to connect to shar ...

Did you ever find a solution

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)