Question

Unable to increase storage limit on Exchange 2003 sp2

By tim ·
I have SBS 2003 sp2 and I have a problem increasing the storage limits in Exchange over 16GB after installing Exchange 2003 SP2. I have changed the registry setting as per Microsoft to increase the mailbox stores to 74GB but when the store is mounted I receive this message:

The exchange store '16384' is limited to First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (servername) GB. The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is %3 GB. If the physical size of this database minus its logical free space exceeds the limit of First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (servername) GB, the database will be dismounted on a regular basis.

The message looks to be mixed up with the store size and server name the wrong way round. I have reapplied the service pack as well as removing the registry settings and then entering them again but the store is still limited to 16GB. Any ideas would be very welcome.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Sounds like a bad SP2 load.

by bart777 In reply to Unable to increase storag ...

I would verify the SBS SP2 load and then Reinstall the Exchange SP2 update.

Something must have failed during the install. That's the only time I've seen behavior like this.

Good luck

Collapse -

Was a bad SP2 load!

by tim In reply to Sounds like a bad SP2 loa ...

Reapplied Exchange SP2 for the 3rd time, this time I manually unloaded all Exchange services beforehand and all is well. Thanks for your help.

Collapse -

Defrag

by retro77 In reply to Unable to increase storag ...

Have you tried doing an offline defrag of your information stores? You have to dismount them, then run eseutil with the /d switch.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)