General discussion

Unable to map network drives 2003 domain

By ajitdsouza ·
Hi,

In my organisation we have setup windows 2003 domain. Now a days we are facing a strange problem.Whenever user log in to a PC using his domain account he is able to log in but the shared network drives are not getting mapped automatically.
We have share folder for each user and shared path is specified in users user account.Still network drives are not getting mapped/
And the most strange problem is that it happens with any PC like if i am logged to pc called "ABC" I wont get my network drives but if i login to PC "XYZ" i will get all the drives mapped.So thing is that it happens with any PC any time perticularly with PC having OS windows XP.
I would request you to find any solution on this and let me know.

regards
Ajit

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Unable to map network dri ...

Which OS are the clients using?
Are you using VBS or BAT to map drives?
If using VBS, do the clients have latest WSH scripting program installed?
Run cscript.exe on command line to find out which version is installed.

Collapse -

by Bobsta In reply to Unable to map network dri ...

Have you tried mapping the drives yourself from the users PC and enabling re-connect at logon?
Have you checked Security on Folders you are sharing?
Is SP2 installed on XP machines?
Is the Server a DC and is it Standard Edition, Premium Edition, SBS?

Collapse -

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Unable to map network dri ...

"We have share folder for each user and shared path is specified in users user account."

EXACTLY how and where do you have the shared drives mapped? For all drives except the user's home directory, we use a batch file to map shared drives, and specify the file name as the user's login script.

Collapse -

by netsmartz_balkars In reply to Unable to map network dri ...

Hello,

you need to update your network with latest security updates. I prefer to deploy WSUS server in your network to resolve these type of problems automatically. test this thing.

Balkar Singh

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)