General discussion

uninstall apache tomcat 4.1.27 on windows xp

By jgazi ·
how do i uninstall apache tomcat 4.1.27 on windows xp? i have already tried this at C>:

tomcat-4.1.27\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\bin\>tomcat.exe -uninstall "Apache Tomcat"

...but i get:

"'tomcat-4.1.27\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\bin\>tomcat.exe -uninstall "Apache Tomcat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

my reason for uninstalling tomcat is that i want a clean, stand-alone install of coldfusion for learning purposes (i am a beginner in both .jsp and .cfm). any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Name of Tomcat service

by sergej at rinc.ws In reply to uninstall apache tomcat 4 ...

Have you checked Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, e.g. what's the name of Tomcat service? It might be just Tomcat in which case you should change your command line to

"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe" -uninstall Tomcat

where CATALINA_HOME is your tomcat home directory (if this variable is set in system variables then this line will work as is - you don't have to change it to real directory path).

And you have probably also mistyped double quoutes (well you need them if service name is "Apache Tomcat" but if no spaces are included you don't).

Collapse -

Just Delete

by matavr In reply to uninstall apache tomcat 4 ...

Hi, as far I know tomcat comes in a zip file. You only have to delete the environment variable named %CATALINA_HOME% and the folder where the tomcat was unzipped.

regards!

Back to Web Development Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)