Unusual Computer Port

By NoCompKnolw ·
Tags: Hardware
Hello, I am computer novice and have a question regarding an unusual port on the back of my (old) laptop. It is a female port, small circle, same size as an s-video. It has 2 lines of holes, one line with 4 holes and another with 3 holes. It also has 2 indents for a proper fitting of the cable. I wish I could attach a picture but this dialog box wont let me.

Thank you

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

The first thing to come to my mind

by wizard57m_cnet Moderator In reply to Unusual Computer Port

after reading your description was a PS2 type connection for adding say an old style mouse/pointing device.

Collapse -

Try looking here

by OH Smeg Moderator In reply to The first thing to come t ...

These are the common Mini connectors that appeared though there may be different ones depending on who made the video card/NB.

Collapse -

Sounds as if it's an old Video Port

by OH Smeg Moderator In reply to Unusual Computer Port

Those things had several pin outs of that type of description which no matter what the number or arragments of pins where a adaptor to a RCA Socket which could then be plugged into something like a TV with a standard Video Lead the Yellow One on the Red, White and Yellow Leads that where used between DVD Players and TV's or similar things.

Related Discussions

Related Forums