General discussion

Update Windows 2000 RIS Build

By wtdrisco ·
I had created a RIS build for workstations 3 years ago. With the newer workstations, the network cards (PXE Compatible) cannot find a driver. I had tried to update the RIS by adding the INF information to the RIS folders and they are not being recognized. Can anyone give me some help on updating or adding new network card drivers to a workstation RIS build?

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Update Windows 2000 RIS B ...

if the NICs are PXE with boot LAN enabled in the BIOS, all you need are a DHCP server on the LAN and the correct \\server\<RIS>\<install folder> cmd. your answer files should have everything in it to install the O/S either attended or unattended.

With PXE NICs you don't need drivers to find a DHCP server on the lan and then browse for the RIS server install folder. NON PXE cards require you to have a floppy with the drivers.

Unattended install of the O/S including drivers required after installation is a different story. you stick them in a subfolder of the RIS installation folder, then in the answer file you tell where to look for drivers.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)