Question

Updating Windows 2000 Error number: 0x8024402F

By elisabethgriffin ·
I am trying to update a server that is running windows 2000. I keep getting "[Error number: 0x8024402F]"

I have made sure the BITS and automatic updates are automatic and started in the services. This computer is on network, and no other computers are having problem accessing updates for xp. Can you please help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

see if this is of any info to you

by PurpleSkys In reply to Updating Windows 2000 Err ...
Collapse -

no luck

by elisabethgriffin In reply to see if this is of any inf ...

I tried those steps, still nothing. Whenever I tried to do step 4, reinstalling windows update engine, it says "no need to install because it is already installed."

Collapse -

I've run into this a couple times, it seems to

by Darryl~ Moderator In reply to Updating Windows 2000 Err ...

usually happen after installing or upgrading Microsoft Office Apps. but I have seen it with other Microsoft products.

What I've always done to fix it is turn off Microsoft Update and go back to the old Windows Update (you turn it off under the "settings" link on the menu to the left of Microsoft Update)...I get all available updates under Windows Update, give it a reboot, then upgrade it back to Microsoft Update.

It seems to work for me 99% of the time.

Collapse -

nothing

by elisabethgriffin In reply to I've run into this a coup ...

I took it off automatic updates, restarted, tried to get it through the website. Nothing.

Do you put it back to automatic update once you take it off, then reboot?

Collapse -

Yes, that's what I do, but

by Darryl~ Moderator In reply to nothing

I alway go to the Windows Update site & do a "Custom" search for updates....then after I'm done, I got through the whole "validation" thing again to set it back to Microsoft Update.

Another thing I've done in the past (if it has MS Office on it) is go to the Office Update site & get it to search for updates....it forces you to do a "genuine advantage" validation and that has worked for me.....it's like it loses it's validation for updates....it thinks you have an illegal copy or something. But the big thing seems to be between the 2 types of updates....Microsoft vs. Windows.

Collapse -

Duplicate post deleted (nt)

by Darryl~ Moderator In reply to nothing
Collapse -

Try these links out for your issue....

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&tid=085fc0f9-a7f0-4827-af51-9d0e935b3a09&cat=en_US_d02fc761-3f6b-402c-82f6-ba1a8875c1a7&lang=en&cr=&sloc=es-es&m=1&p=1

http://download.windowsupdate.com/v6/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe

Collapse -

update error 0x8024402F

by manzoor In reply to Updating Windows 2000 Err ...

I am facing similar situation with server 2003 R2, with the result I am not making it part of Domain, considering secruity risks. Yet no solution from microsoft for the update error 0x8024402F

Requesting Techrepublic members for a solution

Back to Networks Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)