I’m presently working at a client site and they presently have one NT4 PDC Server and 2 NT4 BDCs in the same domain XYZDom. The BDCs have Ex5.5 running in the different organizations/domains i.e xyz.com and xyzafrik.com. Each Ex 5.5 server hosts different domain mailboxes i.e john@xyz.com and the client use outlook to check their mails, and the other ex 5.5 server hosts john@xyzafrik.com and the client use outlook express to check their mails. The xyzafrik.com server acts as a POP3 server.
I did an in-place upgrade of the PDC to server 2003 and i was only able to migrate mailboxes from one of the Ex5.5 server hosting the xyz.com domain after installing the ADC connector and installing Exchage 2003 on the Server.i.e i was only able to migrate a mailbox of say john@xyz.com. I installed another server2003 server in another forest and then installed Ex 2003 to manage the xyzafrik.com domain. The other john@xyzafrik.com is on the other exchange 2003 server in its own forest root domain xyzafrik.com. The two servers are on the same LAN
Each Ex 2003 server has a public IP address that has been NATed, a default gateway(router) and also the ISPs DNS IP addresses. The NT 4 domain was XYZDom and after upgrading to server 2003 the DNS domain name is XYZ.com, though the clients still log-on to xyzDom. IS THERE A WAY THAT THE CLIENTS CAN LOG ON TO XYZ.COM?
IS IT POSSIBLE TO HOST THE TWO DOMAINS, XYZ.COM AND XYZAFRIK.COM ON A SINGLE EX 2003 SERVER SO THAT I WOULD HAVE JOHN@XYZ.COM AND THE USER WHOULD USE OUTLOOK TO CHECK HIS MAIL AND ALSO JOHN@XYZAFRIK.COM AND THE SAME USER WOULD USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS TO CHECK HIS MAIL?
Also, from the queues of the ex 2003 server there are so many funny e-mail addresses. How can I get rid of them?
Presently i have one win 2003 server for the xyz.com(xyzdom)domain running ex 2003 for the xyz.com domain. The clients connect to this domain. I have the SMTP virtual server running with port 2225 and i’ve configured an SMTP connector. I have a user