General discussion

Upgrading MCSE to MCSE 2000 - WHEN ??

By eugenev ·
After searching the WEB for a good few days to get the right information, I realized that "NOW" and no later is the time to upgrade your existing MCSE qualification to MCSE Windows 2000.

And this time around I believe Microsoft is on the right track!!

Although in South Africa there is a urgent need for specialized skills in this area everyone seems to wait to hear from someone else how the exams was or when they are going to take it.

This time around I feel it is better to take full-time lecturing form a proper A-Tec institution, I don't think this is a self study project and surely not the "breeze" that MCSE 4.0 was.

My only real concern is in wich order should one take the cources?!

All logic tell's me to take the 70-240 exam/cource first (Updating skills from Win NT 4.0 to MS Windows 2000)5 days.

Then 70-219 (Directory Services Infrastructure)3 days.

Then 70-221 (Network Services Infrastructure)4 days.

Then 70-220 (Secure Win 2000 Network)5 days or any other available elective.

Due to the times these cources are presented in my area, and my impossible calender commitments, I am forced to do 70-221 before I do 70-240.

Do you think it is achievable or am I going for the deep-end?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

W2K Certification, Order of Things

by slinthi In reply to Upgrading MCSE to MCSE 2 ...

Frankly, I think it is important to go one step at a time, first things first. Rather than go the 70-240 route, I am taking the four exams. Reason is quite simple. I teach the classes relating to these exams and believe it best to have taken the related certification exams before teaching the courses (an MCT requirement that is apparently being lifted as of 01/01/01). So far I've managed to pass the 70-210, 70-215, and 70-216. I plan to take the 70-210 in two weeks. Then I'll tackle the three remaining "core" exams (70-219, 70-220, and 70-221). My goal is to get those done by the end of the year so I can take advantage of the $55 certification exam discount given to MCTs. Bottom line is these exams appear to build on one another and that's the way I'm taking them.

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)