Question

Upgrading my HP Pavillion DV2024tx from XP to Vista

By b.mills ·
Hey i just need a question answered,

I already knwo that some people are predujice to Vista but that is not my concern .. i want it to test it and get used to it as i want to figure out and experience quirks so i can help people

My real question is my laptop is a hp Pavillion DV2024tx with the following hardware config:

Core duo 1.73
1.0 Gb of RAM
Nvidia GeForce GO 7200 (i think it is 128 but i really think thuis is 32Mb main memory and 96Mb even 192Mb shared memory but pretty sure its just a plain old 128Mb)
DVD+-RW Burner

basically thats all as well as that I am upgrading the memory to 2.0 Gb of RAM

AND FINALLY my question is has anybody upgraded a machine with the same specs or, even better, the same machine and how deos it run

other wise hoe well do you think it will run

Thankyou for your answers

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Re: Upgrading my HP Pavillion DV2024tx from XP to Vista

I think you will find a few hiccups when you have installed (or before install) so make a full backup of your laptop before doing this update/ new install. Looking at your specs they seam ok, download the "Windows vista check" first to find if your laptop will be fine with this update.

Collapse -

The stated specs exceed the minimum specs required

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Upgrading my HP Pavillion ...

By Vista so provided that you can get Vista Drivers for this unit from HP especially Sound, Video and WiFi drivers it should be OK.

If HP doesn't list Vista Drivers for this unit I would suggest that you do not bother as XP drivers will fail to work correctly and give you a multitude of problems that are very hard to track down and even harder to fix.

The really important thing is to Backup your Entire HDD or better still Clone it to something before applying the upgrade. You may find that you need this working in a hurry and recovering from a Clone image or Clone is still the fastest way to rebuild any computer.

Also check the Vista Upgrade Adviser available here

http://preview.tinyurl.com/27pekc

Col

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)