Question

• Creator
    Topic

Urgent: Studio 1537 Audiooooooo – XP

by justdream ·

Experts,

please help……..I just bought Dell Studio 1537…I installed Windoes Xp-32 bit….and defined the dirvers but the Audio sound is so bad (crap)……I didn’t understand how come? Dell do that

Do you have a solution, please advice as I hate this bad output sound

Thanks a lot

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by justdream ·

In reply to Urgent: Studio 1537 Audiooooooo – XP

Clarifications

You most likely need the driver for XP and not Vista

by wanttocancel ·

I checked support.dell.com and they only have drivers listed under that model for Vista and you installed XP. You can search around the site to see if you can find the sound driver you need but you will need to know the name of the audio device. Usually Dell uses Sigmatel for its audio devices but it could be different.

What happened during the install is that MS loaded a basic sound driver for the device and it’s not working properly. That’s why the sound is horrible.

Well I believe that this is the correct Audio Driver

by oh smeg ·

http://tinyurl.com/dlvztp

So if you already have this one you need to look at how you have plugged the speakers in, or what else you have plugged in that could be interfering or if you have overdriven the speakers and blown them. Also check to make sure that you have Direct X installed as this is required for some of the Advanced Features with these Audio Devices.

Here it just depends if the system is fully loaded and Patched or if it is still in the process of being updated after installing XP as to if the Audio Device will work correctly.

Col

Viewing 2 reply threads