Question

Use for an old Tecra 8000

By superdog_5678 ·
We would like to donate an old company computer (national institution) that became 'unsupported' after they went to upgrade replacements but it is so locked down it is hard to do anything with. Additionally she has long ago forgotten the password and probably could not do anything with it if she could.

These days the company uses lease/return policies but in the old days would, for some reason (wink), just forget about the old ones. It seems a shame to just dump it when there is a need but we don't want to spend a lot of time and money just to get it ready for donation.

If you question this senario, then please don't respond. There was a time when there was not a cost effective way to recycle old laptops and they would just end up in laying around.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

She ? ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Use for an old Tecra 8000

"Additionally she has long ago forgotten the password and probably could not do anything with it if she could."

Who are you referring to? Also, what kind of password are you talking about here?

Collapse -

Yes,

by superdog_5678 In reply to Use for an old Tecra 8000

It is my girlfriend's old computer from work with a large bank. They went through a process of getting rid of their techs and then (opps, guess we really do need them)rehiring new one and putting in new processes. So the old laptops from years ago are now useless and forgotten.

You can close out this post. I came to this site on advice from a tech guy and it has turned into a deadend. I am going to distroy the old drive and just dump the old laptop. It is not worth the time to mess with a $100 dollar(ebay) piece of junk.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)