General discussion

user deleted -why 714 unrated questions?

By PENGUINSRULE ·
I noticed that you have 714 questions that you have asked that you have not provided any feedback on positive or negative.

I'm thinking it would be a common courtesy
for you to indicate to those that have helped you your feedback. These points don't mean anything, but it's a nice way of saying thank you for helping you out. I know I've responded to LOTS of your postings, and I personally would like to know whether any of my feedback was useful or not.

It's a give give thing - if youknow what I mean. You are wanting us to help you, RIGHT?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

16 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by GeorgeIS In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

Actually there are many many people who are now identified as "User Deleted". It seems that if you change your alias in Tech Republic, something gets mixed up and any future postings you appear as "User Deleted"

So you are not talking to one person. No one person can have that many questions and that many points to distribute.

Also there's a section ( I think back in March) where all you see are User Deleted questions... which means that something went chaotic with TechRepublic servers.

Collapse -

One of my previously posted questions defaulted to the User Deleted id. I just closed it not realizing that it still was open.

Collapse -

I am GeorgeIS (Information Systems) -- I changed may alias from my original complete e-mail account TO GeorgeIS. Something happened durint that changeover. When I post I see myself as GeorgeIS. Several hours later (As Anna777 indicated below), my ID changes to User Deleted. I though that was the result of a time-out in posting. But there's been no timeout now. Seems like my ID changes on it's own now. Again when I went back to one of the questions I asked, the ID had changed. Not surehow that happened... I closed it as GeorgeIS and now it appears as User Deleted even in my closed question queue. ???????????????

Collapse -

So yes, maxwell, I know that I am one of the id's that is behaving very strangly. Its wierd, but since it serves to preserve my anonymity, it doesn't really bug me.

Collapse -

by PENGUINSRULE In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Ann777 In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

Yes, if you click on the 529 page at the bottom of the view all display, then you will see line-after-line of "user deleted" questions. If you click on one of those User Deleted questions, you see the statistics for all and when you go back to that first screen, all are highlighted as if viewed.

Then go back to page 1 and click on the first User Deleted.... that's a different person.

Something did happen back in last year's March. I do not know who "owns" those questions and it may be that TechRepublic Admins need to do some reseach into this.

Collapse -

by Ann777 In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

That FAQ does not take everything into consideration. The first poster had an ID of "GeorgeIS" -- two hours later he's back to "User Deleted."

There's problems with some users, and the older questions were not always "User Deleted" questions.

Specifically, you'll find an ID who posted a "4444" point question several times. All of them originally had the proper ID... now I think the first two postings (same issue mind you) are identified as "User Deleted." Whereas the third posting still appears with the proper ID. Exact same posting.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

There's a mention in the FAQ:

http://www.techrepublic.com/contact_faqs/techqa_11.jhtml?from=forum

(there are no spaces in the URL)

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Back to Desktop Forum
16 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next