General discussion

VB 6.0 (SP5) and Windows 2000.

By Jairo-IT ·
When opening a project in VB it was giving a "Permission Denied" error and if it was a new project, we could not add new components.
I worked arround it by giving my user temporary: "Power User Rights".
Now, there are some projects the user can not load. When opening the project it says: "Error During Load".

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tjc In reply to VB 6.0 (SP5) and Windows ...

Check the forms LOG file to see what controls are not loading correctly. You may have some controls that are not registered correctly or not installed at all or are replaced by newer controls in the SP5. If you are using any custom controls they may not work in 2000 and need updated from there manufactures.

Collapse -

by Jairo-IT In reply to VB 6.0 (SP5) and Windows ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by maxwell edison In reply to VB 6.0 (SP5) and Windows ...

1) The ASP ObjectContext and related utilities can be found installed in the IIS Utilities Application under COM+. Try installing your component that needs access to these in that same application right along with them.

2) Make sure that the user context that calls your component has permissions to actually launch it. What I do is go to Local Users and Groups, and set the password to the IUSER_machinename account to BLANK (no password). Then in COM+, right click on the Application (Package)your component is in and set the authentication to the IUSR account. Now any browser session should be able to run your component.

3) If all else fails, run DCOMcnfg and make sure your chosen user has launch and access permissions to your component.

Maxwell

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)