General discussion

Video Drivers not working on Compaq 450M

By glenn.a.miller ·
I work in a 2 story building with one subnet mask upstairs and another downstairs. We re-image PC's (Compaq) upstairs and when installing downstairs must ipconfig to release and renew for the IP. When installing 450MHZ Compaqs downstairs and reachthe desktop, it says the resolution is wrong and must be corrected. After attempting to install correct drivers, it never takes. Always an unsuccessful install of drivers. ATI is the video card and matrox works fine. These PC's work fine under the upstairs subnet but not downstairs. Same monitors in both places. The only difference that we can find is the subnet and that does not make any logical hardware interference answer. I am at a loss. I take the PC back upstairs and it works fine and it defaults at 800X600 on 15" monitors. Downstairs, it defaults at 640X480 and will not change even after changing drivers from many that we have available. I have been to ATI and Compaq with no resolution. Any hints anyone? Thanks.....

glenn miller

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by glenn.a.miller In reply to Video Drivers not working ...

Please note: Network is NT4.0

Collapse -

by XiaXiong In reply to Video Drivers not working ...

My first guess would be user accounts. Make sure the account you use after you take it downstairs has local admin access to the machine. If it doesn't this would explain why the drivers aren't properly installed. You might also check for user profiles and any login scripts that may be different between the networks.

HTH...

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)