Question

Viewsonic vx2235 Black Screen

By luketigers ·
So all of a sudden this morning my monitor screen (details in title) decides to not display when the monitor on button is on (blue) and the computer is on. Once this happens I cannot turn it off - the monitor on button stays blue - or get any picture unless I turn off the computer and monitor at the wall.

From there I have to turn the power on, turn the monitor off as it was on before the switch was off and quickly turn on the computer before the monitor decides to not display again.

Monitor has not displayed during bios upon restart and after its off to sleep or manually switched. I have to turn on the comp after the monitor and do it before around 3 seconds (if it will work I get the no signal display until the comp is turned on).

I think there is a slight high tuned whirr in the background when the monitor isnt working.

As for a cause I do not know, I have read about bad caps and backlights but am not sure of the trouble.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any solutions would be appreciated, a fix is preferred over a new monitor. atm I have the computer set to never turning off (Windows 7 64 bit).

(upto date drivers - although link a site if you think it is related. specs are 4gb ram, intel core quad2 quad, 2.4ghz. ATI Radeon 3800 series video card).

Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Check here:

by seanferd In reply to Viewsonic vx2235 Black Sc ...

http://www.viewsonic.com/support/downloads/

You can ask Viewsonic your question, or check on warranty support. They don't seem to have a knowledge base of any sort.

Have you made sure the connections at both ends of the monitor cable are secure? Have you tried connecting to a different computer?

This is unlikely a software or driver problem, as you have no display at all, not even the BIOS POST/splash screen.

Only other thing I can think of is turning up the contrast, brightness, etc., if it was accidentally turned down. Unlikely, as you mention getting a No Signal message under certain circumstances.

Collapse -

I will check with Viewsonic

by luketigers In reply to Check here:

I did the checkt he cables and unplug, recheck etc. perhaps its within the wiring if it is the cables.

Can't try a different computer so Viewsonic is my best bet, thanks.

Collapse -

See if this works for you......

Turn ON the LCD display, then turn ON the computer. This sequence (LCD display before computer) is important.
NOTE: Windows users may receive a message asking them to install the INF file. This is on the CD.
Insert the ViewSonic Wizard CD into the computer's CD drive.
Follow the on-screen instructions.

NOTE: If the CD-ROM does not autostart:
double-click on the CD-ROM icon in the Windows Explorer, then double-click on viewsonic.exe.
Follow the on-screen instructions.

Power is ON but no screen image
Make sure the video cable supplied with the LCD display is tightly secured to the video output port on the back of the computer. If the other end of the video cable is not attached permanently to the LCD display, tightly secure it to the LCD display.
Adjust brightness and contrast.

Hope all works out.

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)