Question

Virus made CD Rom Drive inaccessible Sony DVD RW DRU-710A

By Celtic Henry ·
I try to use it and Word tells me that I do not have permission to use it. I tried many different types of virus cleaners and they seem to have no effect. I have been in safe mode too and used "the last known good configuration" technique sans results. I lost some word files because of my many word partitions much of my date remained. However, I cannot download stuff so that I can erase the hard drive and this is of great concern. What do you recommend? Help please!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Virus made CD Rom Drive i ...

You appear to have quite a bit of conflicting information.

What operating system are you using?

What is the name of this VIRUS? You cannot blame anything on a virus unless you have scanned for, and found, a virus. (You say your virus scanners are ineffective)

So - Word is denying you access to an optical drive. What are you trying to do with this optical drive? Have you tried to access the optical drive from within Explorer?

"I lost some word files because of my many word partitions" - How many partitions do you have for Word?

"..I cannot download stuff so that I can erase the hard drive.." - Why do you want to erase your hard drive? I thought you were wanting advice to kill a virus infection.

So, what's it to be?

Kill the virus or Kill the HDD ?

Back to Malware Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)