General discussion

Visioneer 5800 USB Scanner

By bwheatley51 ·
HELP! All of my software is installed correctley,
but everytime I try to scan or preview a document
I get a message telling me to unlock my hardware.
There is supposed to be a switch or button on the bottom of the scanner, but I cannot find it. Can anyone please help me with this? My OS is winXP.
Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Visioneer Website..

by tomsanfilippo In reply to Visioneer 5800 USB Scann ...

I had the same problem with my folks scanner the 5800. I went to Visioneer's website and this is the link to that specific problem:

http://www.visioneer.com/support/general/FAQ/5800lockmessage.asp

I checked the power supply, software drivers are the latest, and the computer has 196mg of ram. It's not working even if you do direct to scan through Windows XP. You can try that by just going to my computer then right click on the scanner and select Scanning Wizard. Good Luck..

Collapse -

This is a factory defect and Visioneer will not help

by mszippye In reply to Visioneer 5800 USB Scann ...

the Visioneer 5800 usb has a factory defect and Visioneer refuses to replace the unit. It cannot be used without unlocking from the bottom, yet this scanner doesn't have a lock... it even says so on their website, they don't offer a fix, but will be happy to give a 25% discount on a new one. BAD BUSINESS... don't buy from Visioneer!

Collapse -

Possible solution

by dbucyk In reply to Visioneer 5800 USB Scann ...

When you said there was no switch or button on the bottom of the scanner and you can't find one, it is possible that it doesn't have one and that the software is the culprit.

Best advice is to go to the manufacturer's website and explain the problem to them via email and tell them what steps you have taken. (eg. system information, Dr. Watson, etc).

Also, give them the operating system you are running as well as service packs applied to system and other hardware you are running.

They will be able to help you.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)