Question

Vista and HP Laserjet 3030

By ckjanik ·
OK, I have spent a few days thinking it's me and my inability to ensure correct settings, groups, ports, etc. I have a mac running Leopard and a Desktop IBM running XP pro. The IBM has the HP Laserjet 3030 via USB and it all runs quite beautifully on a local LAN/WAN. I can scan - fax - print - Zowie !!! But I just bought this snappy Toshiba laptop with Vista 64 bit... and it simply does not want to acknowledge the HP 3030 on the network or even directly plugged into the laptop via USB. But now I am reading the problems people have been having years ago... and I have been trying things... but the current drivers just don't seem to be working. Like is it me ? or is it that the stuff just hasn't been worked out in regards to vista and some of the HP series ? Any comments or advice ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try here for your 64 Bit printer drivers.....

by Peconet Tietokoneet In reply to Vista and HP Laserjet 303 ...
Collapse -

Well after looking at the HP Web Site for 64 Bit Drivers

by OH Smeg In reply to Vista and HP Laserjet 303 ...

HP list the available drivers as HP Universal Basic Driver and HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL5

These are universal or Basic Drivers for this printer and will allow it to function but with minimal functionality. This means that HP provide Drivers for this printer but only at the very basic level so that this printer works with a 64 Bit version of Vista but lacks any of the more advanced functions that are available for other OS's.

This particular printer is not fully Vista 64 Bit Compatible or at least HP do not support it that way and only provide minimal functionality for that OS type.

Col

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)