General discussion

VPN

By ssatterl ·
VPN with ISDN to NT 4.0 server. Can connect and see both servers at office. Everything else works e-mail and so on. Get access denied to the one and only shared folder client needs. No problem getting in at the office. Checked all groups and even gave domain admin rights to user and still no go.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

VPN

by Michael Roark - CCNA/DA MCP 3CSA In reply to VPN

which type of VPN are you using? from the server? or the router or what?
I think maybe there's some particular configuration, is it only for that one user?
or for other users also?
Please respond.

Collapse -

VPN

by ssatterl In reply to VPN

window nt 4.0 vpn and windows me vpn client. user can access everything including other shared folders just can't get to the they need. checked everything

Collapse -

VPN

by Stillatit In reply to VPN

Check the share privileges on the particular share. Domain admin does nothing unless the share grants rights to domain admins.

The user should be logged in on the remote machine using the same username and password as on his office machine. This is the user name and password which is trying to gain access to the share.

Good luck.

Collapse -

VPN

window nt 4.0 vpn and windows me vpn client. user can access everything including other shared folders just can't get to the they need. checked everything

Collapse -

VPN

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

VPN

Something with the user account, had to delete the user and recreate. Once I did that everything worked.

Back to Networks Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)