General discussion

VPN

By vparras ·
I have asked this question before in this room and well...i still need help. ok here goes.
My setup is like this. I am using Microsoft VPN and i have clients in la annd virginia and i am located in san francisco. The 2 clients are behind a barricade firewall with 1 ip address(NAT). They are using windows 98se as the OS. Now heres the problem. When lets say one person from LA who is behind a firewall logons to the vpn it connects. No when another logons to the same ip it cant connect error 650.ok this is what i did, i seperated the computers, i had to computers with2 different ip's but both are vpn servers. If one logs on to one and the other to the other one fine. Catch is i just want to have a single vpn server. Now my vpn server is notbehind a firewall..it is exposed(running nt4) and it has 2 nic's one is a local and the other is an external internet ip. Is there anyway i can make this work? should i use a firewall if so what kind? will microsoft vpn work with that setup? what doi need to do?
Please help

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

VPN

by NTOz In reply to VPN

In RRAS how many ports have you configured for connections? If you only have one which is default, then only one connection is allowed at a time. How many WAN Mini ports did you configure? The answer, can I make this work is absolutly, its just a configuration problem. If you only have one mini port configured, change it to the number of connecting hosts and it should fix the problem. WAN Mini ports are like virtual telephone cirucuts, if you only have one, the other get a busy signal.

Pete

Im emailing you a document as to how to configure it.

Collapse -

VPN

by NTOz In reply to VPN

EMAIL on its way with documentation on how to add VPN connections.

Pete

Collapse -

VPN

by Shanghai Sam In reply to VPN

Thanks pete...i still havent received your documentation yet...if possible may you please send it again..thanks..heres my email

vparras@abs-cbni.com
also are you talking about steelhead? rras?
if so i havent really installed it yet if that willwork please tell me

thanks

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)