General discussion

VPN

By tiroro ·
I cannot connect to NT 4.0 sever from a win98
workstation..I donnot see the VPN protocol in 98?...any place on the net that explain VPN?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

VPN

by maz1980 In reply to VPN

Go to Add Remove Program>>Windows Setup on Communication section, select Dial Up Networking with VPN Support

Collapse -

VPN

by tiroro In reply to VPN

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

VPN

by avachon In reply to VPN

Hi, you can find a lot of information on the web about VPN - how it works, troubleshooting, setting up, etc. Start with microsoft's knowledge base and technet (www.microsoft.com) and look at the drop down headings. Search for VPN, virtual private network, PPTP, RAS (you can conduct these searches for both 98 and nt server). Also, windows2000 magazine and www.winmag.com
Also, on the microsoft site, you can subscribe to newsgroups and I'm sure there is one for VPN so you could post questions as issues arise. There also have been articles on this site about vpn and 98; you could search for vpn,etc. Hope this helps.

Collapse -

VPN

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

VPN

by NetTek In reply to VPN

www.win2000mag.com has great articles on how to set up a VPN on both the client and server sides. Search the site using the keywords: RRAS, VPN, and PPTP, and you will find a lot of great articles that give step-by-step instructions on how to set it up. You may have to go through some pages, as the most recent articles are focused on Windows 2000. The NT/Win9x articles are 1999 and back.

Collapse -

VPN

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

VPN

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)