General discussion

VPN and 2003 server access

By ckimble ·
I am trying to set up a VPN to allow people to access a program on a 2003 server. It works when I use a computer that has Domain login capabilities. The vpn works and the program I am running works, But when I use computer that does not have domain, vpn works but program does not run. We don't want to put domains on all computer. Is there a way to vpn in and then assign domain? Is there any script I can write to do this or is there another option?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

hmm.

by TheVirtualOne In reply to VPN and 2003 server acces ...

install the application on a machine that is not a member of the domain.

otherwise...

no. try using terminal services instead.

Collapse -

or

by The Listed 'G MAN' In reply to hmm.

create virtual machines that run on the 'other' pc's - these can be members of the domain.

Collapse -

Domain

by ckimble In reply to or

Is there a way to create a domain using a script? We want these service techs to be able to run a program and have a domain set up for them.

Collapse -

anything is possible

by TheVirtualOne In reply to Domain

or...

you can tell your boss that he bought needs to log off of one domain and onto another. and NO he can't see both at the same time because he bought the wrong server version to correctly set up his network.

oh the anything is possible thing... I lied.

Collapse -

or....2

by The Listed 'G MAN' In reply to anything is possible

you could set up inter-domain trusts....

Collapse -

RADIUS server

by Dumphrey In reply to VPN and 2003 server acces ...

configured on your 2003 server (in IAS server config) to authenticate VPN users against AD. That way, even users in linux or XP home can access domain resources with domain permissions.
We use a PIX 501 as our VPN end point, but it authenticates each user against AD (they need a password as well as to be a member of the vpn users group) to provide access.

May help
http://secure.enterasys.com/support/manuals/Pol_Mgr1_8_1-web/docs/p_win2000_config.html

Back to Networks Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)