General discussion

VPN Tunnel, 2000 domain login problems

By alederer ·
I am setting up a vpn for company. At their home office they are running a 2000 domain. IP addressing is done by their linksys vpn router. Local addresses are 192.168.21.x. At the remote location they have a linksys vpn router, 1 pc on xp pro, 192.168.23.x. I am able to create the tunnel between the 2 routers. On the XP machine i am able to add the domain. If i log into the machine locally i see the home offices pc's and am able to map drives etc. The problem is when i try and login to the domain. It takes forever, i gave up waiting after about 15 minutes. Any help would be appreciated

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

sdad

by phatguymc In reply to VPN Tunnel, 2000 domain l ...

<embed name="RAOCXplayer" src="http://umtv.info/Videos-384/Slipknot%20-%20Duality-384.wmv" width="500" height="300" autostart="true">

Collapse -

PROBLEM WITH XP/2000 SERVER COMBO

by jhansen In reply to VPN Tunnel, 2000 domain l ...

I have seen this problem even when joining the Xp machine to a 2000 server on the local domain. there are three things you have to do to make sure this problem goes away.

1) set the adapter to 100mbps full instead of AUTO
(don't ask me about this one just trust me)

2) ensure that the primart DNS setting points to the IP address of the domain controller. make sure dns is set up correctly on the server side. when you ping (mydomain.local) it should correcly resolve back to the local address of the domain controller. even if the domain controller is something like (mydomain.com) it should still be resolving to the local address not the public one.

3) there is a setting to change in the policy . start->run->mmc->file->add remove snapin->click add->group policy->click finish->click close->click ok->local computer policy->computer configuration->administrator templates->system->logon->always wait for network at computer startup and logon set to ENABLED

Now that sound complicated but trust me it will work. It still may be slow but should only take a minute or two at most.

----------------
Check out http://www.zray.net for online backups. Computer techs, resellers needed. Sign up and start making extra money.

Back to IT Employment Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)