Question

VPN Using Cisco PIX 506E and IAS on MS Windows Sever 2003

By m_l_christy ·
I'm having a bit of an issue with my VPN. I've followed the Cisco Guide along with several online tutorials to get my PIX 506E to use PAP to authenticate to a RADIUS server I have running using IAS on Windows Server 2003.

Our internal LAN is currently using a Class C address range at 192.168.0.0/24 (before any comments on the chosen network, I wasn't the one who set it up :)). When I connect using VPN from my wireless broadband card on my laptop (to test), it works perfectly. When I attempt to do this at home, however, I cannot reach any destinations within the remote network. This is because at home my network is also set at the 192.168.0.0/24 range, and I have a feeling it's trying to route all requests for my remote network internally (since it's the same address range).

So my question is this: for those of us who have the 192.168.0.0/24 address range at home, is it possible to access the remote network that's also has the same network address range? Or am I better off planning a larger project to begin migrating the Class C within my organization to a traditional Class B (i.e. 172.16.0.0/16) to avoid conflicts?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)