General discussion

VXD VMM(01)+ 000000CE

By e_recca69 ·
I just started to get a fatal exception error.
"A fatal exception 0D has occurred at 0028:C00010CE in VXD VMM(01)+ 000000CE"
Random as to when it pops up.Never the same as to when or where it decides to pop up.

I swapped out ram( 256 DDR for 256 SDRAM) no change.
Removed AGP card(changed bios also) and went back to onboard video. No change.
Tested ram, video card in second computer and they worked without the fatal error.

Formatted the drive. Clean install 98se with same problem cropping up.
have gone to MS knowledge base to find the error and cant find a thing on this one.

I have tried every combo of parts/bios changes with the error still poping up on a random basis.
The only thing I havent done is swap out the power supply

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Oz_Media In reply to VXD VMM(01)+ 000000CE

the VXD error points me to a networking issue. Either a corrupted Network card driver or the card itself filing, but when the card fails you would probably get a no-boot issue.

Are you on a Network, ADSL or Cable service that has an Ethernet adapter installed, either PCI or On-board?
Remove the card, check drivers or reinstall from scratch. It really sounds like an ethernet issue.

OM

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to VXD VMM(01)+ 000000CE

geez, oz, you make me look good (rdl)
is this amd processor? is this english version of win98? there is know issue with amd and foreign lang versions...
i would get latest updates for motherboard bios and mbd drivers for win98. i would get all critical updates for win98. if i was using an unusual version of windows, i would try to get another version to try

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)