General discussion

W2K & NAV 2000 - Not enough hard disk?

By leon_guerrero ·
I'm running Windows 2000 Professional with SP1 and have NAV 2000 loaded. Everytime I try to run NAV I get the error message "Not enough hard disk space to run program." I tried all the proposed fixes from the Symantec website and still no solution. Currently, my hard disk drive is partitioned with 2GB for the OS, 8GB for the applications, and 10GB for everything else. Anyone have any solutions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by quahsays In reply to W2K & NAV 2000 - Not enou ...

despite what others might say, i still feel 2GB for OS is too little for W2k Pro...i would allocate more than that for W2k Pro, especially for the swap files.
when NAV or other applications is updating, chances are it will store in \Documents andSettings\quahst\Local Settings\Temp\...
i take it that your RAM is at least 64-128, so my guess is the swap file and the Temp folder...my recommendation since you have a 20GB HDD, why not consider allocating 4GB for OS; furthermore, as you update W2k, you'll going to need more and more space...

Collapse -

by leon_guerrero In reply to W2K & NAV 2000 - Not enou ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by klamero In reply to W2K & NAV 2000 - Not enou ...

How much free disk space do you have left on the OS partition? Microsoft recommends a 4GB partition for the OS. Most programs will need to add at least a few files to the OS partition. You may want to try running disk cleanup on that partition and see if you can free up some space.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)