General discussion

wab.dll is missing in outlook 2000

By Katattack ·
wab.dll is missing in outlook 2000

using win98SE/office 2000 premium/ie6

every time when trying to send reply message "wab.dll is missing" occurs. It happended after re-installation of some software. Couldn't find a program which is using that wab.dll and couldn't find it at all.

that's what I did so far:

= renamed wab32.dll into wab32.old
= re-installed ie6 for getting OE (and new wab32.dll) and re-installed outlook/repaired it and re-installed the whole office suite.
= Also re-installed win98
= disabled all virus checking programs (mcafee) in order to avoid more problems.
= downloaded wab32.dll from dllfiles.com

this all didn't solve this problem at all and although I can open the address book it doesn't allow composing/replying.

does anyone know what else could help solving it?

thanks a bunch

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by shasca In reply to wab.dll is missing in out ...

Some more things to try (link below)

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Win98/Q_11356559.html

Collapse -

by montelski In reply to wab.dll is missing in out ...

If memory serves me correctley, wab32.dll is an outlook express file that is typically installed with IE. Outlook express will share this file with Outlook for addresses. you should try removing Outlook express and reinstalling it. Remember you can use contacts in outlook for your addresses. In fact this is a better option if you don't use outlook express.

Collapse -

Outlook 2007 Repair

by rozenritz In reply to wab.dll is missing in out ...

If you are unable to locate wab.dll file in Outlook I would recommend you to reinstall Outlook application or upgrade Microsoft Office suite. This problem is common to all versions of Outlook application which make your PST file inaccessible. If you are facing similar situation in Outlook 2007 version then to get access of your PST file use Outlook 2007 repair software.
http://www.outlook2007repair.com

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)